Location: CASA Office, 6811 Kenilworth Ave, Suite 402, Riverdale MD 20737
Want to make a difference in the life of an abused or neglected child in foster care?
Do you believe that all children deserve a safe environment to grow and develop? Then become a CASA volunteer.
CASA Prince George’s County is looking for compassionate and COMMITTED Volunteers to advocate and be a voice for a youth in foster care.
So, you think you can Advocate?
The role of a CASA volunteer is multi-dimensional. In addition to meeting with their CASA youth, volunteers also communicate with biological and foster families, collaborate with the Department of Social Services and attend court hearings. Volunteers assigned to older youth (14-21 years old) will also assist in the planning and implementation of a Transition Plan to ensure they are prepared to live independently.
As a CASA Volunteer, you’ll receive 32 hours of classroom training that includes, the role of Court Appointed Special Advocates and their relationship with the child welfare system, child and family dynamics, an overview of the risks that can lead to abuse or neglect, and an introduction to the laws that govern child welfare. The training is interactive and participants will gain valuable knowledge to be the best advocate for their CASA youth. Click here for detailed description of a CASA Volunteer.
What kind of Background do you need?
CASA volunteers are community members with varying professional and educational backgrounds. However, there are requirements all volunteers must meet and they include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Ability to pass background screening that includes an in-person interview, Criminal Background Check; Driving Record Check; Child Abuse Registry Check; Social Security Number verification; National Sex Offender Registry; Successful Reference Checks (3);
- Ability to attend every required pre-service training session;
- One year or one case commitment to the program;
- Ability to commit 10-15 hours per month to case, including visiting the child at least twice per month and regular meetings with Case Supervisor;
- Acceptance of a case assignment after completion of pre-service training
If you are ready to make this commitment, we’d be happy to receive your application.
Apply today at, www.pgcasa.org/volunteer-application, to be considered for Pre-Service Training.
Save the Dates!
Application Period: April 1st, 2019 – June 15th, 2019
Volunteer Information Session:
Please attend our Volunteer Information Session on May 30th, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. The session will be presented by staff from CASA Prince George’s County. It will be an informal presentation and participants will have the opportunity to ask questions. The information session will be held at the 6811 Kenilworth Ave, Suite 402, Riverdale MD, 20737. Click here to RSVP.
For additional information contact, email@example.com