20 Actions for 20 Years of CASA
Since 2001, CASA Prince George’s County has been changing the stories of youth in foster care. For two decades, we have grown under the leadership of our Executive Director to serve over 200 youth each year. To celebrate this milestone, we are asking our CASA family to come together so that we can continue to be a leader in our community for the next 20 years, and beyond.
Getting to where we are today did not happen without the support of a community that believes all children deserve to grow up in a safe, loving, and stable environment. Since 2001 we have…
- seen over 900 individuals volunteer their time, offer their love, and use their voice to advocate for our youth.
- partnered with numerous community groups who share our vision for our youth and donate resources to support our mission.
- proven to the courts, community, and youth that our model of best interest advocacy leads to real results.
- changed countless stories.
To celebrate this milestone, we want to invite our CASA family to look back, look ahead, and take action with us. From now until May 2022, join us in completing 20 Actions for 20 years of CASA.
On this page we have over 40 action items listed. These range in time commitment and there are plenty of options for you to choose from. Once you complete an action item, complete the form at the bottom of the page to let us know. We will keep track of your progress and send you special prizes along the way. Everything will wrap up in May 2022 when we all get together in May 2022 at our first CASA Prince George’s Family Reunion. At this event, everyone who participated in the 20 Actions for 20 Years initiative will be recognized.
These action items were chosen by staff, volunteers, the Volunteer Advisory Council, and our Board of Directors. They reflect a wide array from goals aimed at curating stories, engaging our current community, widening our reach, and increasing awareness within our community. Be sure to follow our social media accounts & subscribe to our newsletter to hear about new Action Items as they are added.
Do you have an Action Item in mind that we missed? No problem! Email email@example.com to share your idea.
Action for everyone
- Become a volunteer!
- Share one of our social media posts
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Post a CASA Volunteer Flier in your community
- Attend a CASA/Prince George’s event
- Join Montre at a Midday Meetup
- Share our Amazon Wishlist
- Designate CASA/Prince George’s County as your AmazonSmile charity
- Attend a Maryland CASA event
- Get a former volunteer to accept a new case *
- Record a video about what CASA means to you & send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in a volunteer thank you call *
- Attend a volunteer information session
- Send a youth in foster care a card of encouragement *
- Recruit others to join the 20 for 20 challenge *
- Join us May 2022 to celebrate!
- Make a one time donation
- Become a monthly donor
- Increase your monthly donation *
- Purchase something from our Amazon Wishlist
- Collect grocery gift cards for youth living independently *
- Recruit a new monthly donor *
- Participate in a peer-to-peer fundraiser *
- Collect toiletries for older youth in foster care *
- Add CASA/Prince George’s County to your Will *
- Take your youth to see their siblings
- Apply to be on our Volunteer Advisory Council *
- Share your volunteer story with our Development Director *
- Take your youth to a job fair or job readiness event
- Help your youth with their resume or job application
- Submit a referral on behalf of your youth to the CASA Fostering Opportunities Fund
- Speak at a volunteer information session *
- Participate in our volunteer panel discussion for new volunteers *
- Complete your 12 hours of in-service training
- Take your youth to tour a college
- Participate in a training with Maryland CASA or National CASA
- Reconnect with your youth who aged out
To complete any of the Action Items marked with an * please email email@example.com for additional information/coordination.
Download our Action List w/ tracker so you can keep track of your progress!