CASA Champions Help Us Help Abused Children
CASA Champions provide specific talents or services to CASA/Prince George’s County and its volunteers. They play a unique role by helping us maximize our impact in the community and in the lives of abused children.
- Providing training and support to volunteers
- Behind the scenes organization
- Conduct community outreach or other public relations efforts
- Help with other special projects
- Administrative Assistance: Assist office staff with clerical duties; such as answering telephones, making telephone calls to relay information to volunteers, helping with mailings, and photocopying.
- Fundraising: Assist staff and/or Board Fundraising Committee with fundraising activities, including raffles, auctions, identifying fund sources, grant research, etc.
- Special Events: Participate in the planning and coordination of special events, such as volunteer recognition events, receptions, silent auctions, etc.
- Public Relations/Recruitment: Prepare P.R. material prior to special events, periodically distribute P.R. material to local organizations (e.g. libraries, clubs, churches, etc.), speak to individuals and organizations on behalf of CASA, Prince George’s County, update media contact list, etc.
- Professional Services: Provide pro-bono or discounted services (e.g. printing, accounting, etc.). Businesses that donate goods and/or services receive acknowledgement in our newsletter.
- Create Your Own Project: CASA/Prince George’s County will gladly consider projects and ideas other than those previously listed.
What CASA Champions are Doing to Help Abused Children
- Assisting with data entry so we can track the impact our volunteers have on helping abused and neglected children
- Planning the annual “World of Wheels for CASA” Touch-a-Truck and Family Festival to be held in the fall at Dematha Catholic High School in Hyattsville