Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things to Support Abused Children
All children deserve to be safe, and treated with respect and dignity. All children have a right to a loving home where they can rebuild friendships and learn and grow. This isn’t just important; it is a fundamental obligation of our society to protect the rights and needs of our children during the most vulnerable time in their lives.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)/Prince George’s County trains and supports highly trained adult volunteers that advocate for children in the foster care system. We fight for their rights and needs until they are in safe, loving, permanent homes. A CASA volunteer is very often the only adult a child has been able to rely upon in their entire lives. It’s that simple-a qualified, caring adult can change everything.
It’s also incredibly effective. When a child has access to a CASA volunteer, they are half as likely to languish in the foster care and child welfare system, and that much more likely to find a safe, loving home. But today we only have the resources to help about 19% of the children in our foster care system. That means more than 400 go through the system every year without the hope a CASA volunteer can provide. In order to meet the needs of the juvenile court, even more volunteers must be recruited, trained and supported by a professional staff.
There are many ways to support CASA Prince George’s County. Your contribution of time, expertise or money helps us support abused children in meaningful ways.
Ways to Support Abused Children:
- Become a volunteer.
- Complete and return our Ways to Help CASA application.
- Make a tax deductible gift. You can make a donation through our secure server by clicking here or by sending a check to: 6811 Kenilworth Avenue, Suite 402 Riverdale, MD 20737. For planned giving, stock or bond transfers call Ann Marie Binsner at 301-209-0491.
- Designate CASA/Prince George’s County through the United Way: 8840, the Combined Federal Campaign:43792 or the Maryland Charity Campaign: 52-1772617.
- Shop online through AmazonSmile!
- Search with Goodsearch and earn a penny for each search, and shop online with Goodshop, find great deals and a % will go to support CASA. Find out more and register at: Goodsearch.com
- Attend a fundraiser
- Donate professional services (such as advertising, printing or technical services), meeting space and/or in-kind merchandise (school supplies, gift cards, etc.).
- Educate or inform others about the work of CASA by preparing or delivering PR material.
- Host or sponsor a fundraiser.
- Invite CASA to speak to your employer, social organization or group.
- Sponsor a night of training or provide an in-kind donation of a meal for approximately 25 adults to defray training costs.
- Put our flier in your organization’s newsletter
- Serve as a Board Member. Complete and submit the nomination form.
- Assist with research, administrative services or special events.
- Contact Us with other ideas you have!
Donating to CASA
CASA was named a Gold Participant by the GuideStar Exchange for our commitment to transparency and is a Top-Rated Non-profit. CASA has also been selected as “One of the Best” nonprofits in the region by the Catalogue for Philantropy. For information about how your donation will help abused children, see our Impact. Our annual report and financial information are also available for review.
All questions regarding donating to CASA can be directed to our Development Director.