Employment Opportunities at CASA
Are you moved to make a difference in the lives of children in foster care? Join CASA and help create sustainable social capital for this program helping vulnerable youth! Create and execute an effective outreach plan that strongly brands CASA in the community and creates relationships that bolster the ability to reach new sources of potential volunteers and funding, in order to increase our capacity to serve abused and neglected children in foster care.
Position Summary: The successful candidate for this position will be an experienced professional responsible for cultivating strategic partnerships through community outreach activities. This position drives outreach to a variety of constituents, community groups and corporations for the dual purpose of recruiting volunteers to serve in the program and to create relationships with potential funders and partners.
Reports to: Deputy Director
Work Schedule: 30 hours; typically, Monday – Friday, between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; schedule to be determined.
Term: This is a limited, temporary position to expire on September 28, 2018.
Physical Requirements: Occasional travel to off-site meetings. Works in office areas. Must be able to perform general office functions. Uses computer, telephone, fax, copier, printer and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Employment Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt. Temporary contract position. Does not include benefits.
• Work collaboratively with staff to identify new potential recruitment opportunities as well as private, corporate, and other organization partners.
• Responsible for recruitment of volunteers
• Communicate CASA’s purpose, volunteer process and experience to prospective volunteers in one-on-one and group interactions.
• Assists with the screening and selection of volunteers
• Works with Program Administrator to coordinate training and volunteer requirements.
• Work with Deputy Director to strategize beneficial relationships with a variety of entities.
• Research and assist in developing plans for expanding CASA’s presence and branding including via social media, CASA’s website, through information sessions, community events and opportunities through partner organizations.
• Serve as an ambassador of the mission of CASA in interactions with current and potential volunteers and partners and at community events.
• Determine potential partners relevant to CASA through ongoing research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with CASA’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
• Works with team to plan, execute and conduct follow-up for micro-events to promote CASA in the community, attendance at community events and fairs, and large-scale events such as volunteer appreciation parties and annual community fundraiser.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Marketing, recruitment and/or development experience.
• Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
• Must have demonstrated successful partnership cultivation experience.
• Experience in managing institutional social media, website and e-communications preferred.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
• Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking. Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
• Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
• A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel required
• Proficiency in graphic design preferred.
• Ability to express a strong commitment to the mission of the organization.
• Ability to pass a background check including a federal and state criminal screening and a check of the Child Abuse Central Index.
- Adheres to the Personnel Policies and Procedures of CASA/Prince George’s County.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Deputy Director
Submit resume, cover letter and 3 references to Kara Bundy email@example.com
It is the policy of CASA to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees based on qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or veteran status.