At Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/Prince George’s County, we sincerely appreciate your commitment to our mission and assure you that we take your investment seriously. We promise to be good stewards of your donation and look forward to partnering to improve the lives of children. As such, we guarantee the following rights for you as our donor:
- To be informed of CASA’s mission, of the way CASA intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- When accessing the CASA website, to be clear on the organization’s name, identity, nonprofit status, mission, and purpose.
- To be informed of identities of those serving on CASA’s Board of Directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the CASA’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To remain anonymous, if you make that preference known at the time of donation.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with CASA representatives will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity to opt out of any unsolicited communications or solicitations including mailing lists, listservs, and other communications that CASA may share with you.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
- To be assured that all online transactions and contributions occur through a safe, private, and secure system that protects your personal information.
- When accessing the CASA website, to have easy and clear access to alternative contact information other than through the website or email.
- To be confident that CASA will never sell, share, rent, or transfer your information to other organizations.
Adapted from the “Donor Bill of Rights,” Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Approved by CASA’s Board of Directors 11.14.18