Join the Board of Directors to Help Abused Children
CASA’s Board of Directors is actively seeking members to join volunteer Board to assist with the planning and governance that make CASA’s contributions to the community possible. We seek members with diverse experience and skill sets but desirable skills include fundraising, marketing, public relations, strategy, change management and real estate.
Our board meets on the second Wednesday of every other month at 6pm for approximately 2 hours. In addition to regular Board meetings, members are expected to serve on a committee and fulfill the work of that committee. Total time commitment is generally 2-5 hours per month except during period of major projects such as strategic planning.
Our Board members each serve on one of the following committees (meet as needed):
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Governance Committee
Board Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the overall structure and policies of the organization
- Supporting the Executive Director in the management of CASA and hiring of staff
- Raising awareness about CASA and its mission in the community
- Raising funds through fundraiser events, corporate donations and individual philanthropy
- Personally contributing a minimum of $500 annually
- Recruiting other board members to serve with you
- Providing financial oversight of the organization
Desirable Skills Include:
- Fundraising and marketing
- Organizational growth and change management
- Download the Board Member Nomination Form
- Send the completed form, along with your resume to CASA Board Development Committee 6811 Kenilworth Avenue, Suite 402 Riverdale, MD 20737 Please mark your envelope CONFIDENTIAL
If you have additional questions, please contact the Executive Director at 301-209-0491 or firstname.lastname@example.org.